Japan Snapshots

My family and I have always enjoyed our getaway to the Land of the Rising Sun. Something about the country just deeply intrigues me! During my last semester break, my family and I went to Japan for ten days and we enjoyed it very much. We're not a big fan of tours/travels where we have to wake up at 8am in the morning during our so-called holiday, hop in and hop off the bus just to take pictures at the renowned tourist locations. We'd arrange and book our transport online by ourselves and decide whatever we want to do, without anyone forcing us to go from one temple to another.

The first until the third day of our stay were spent in Osaka. We had a stroll down the famous Shinsaibashi shopping lane, the next day we spent our day in the gigantic Daimaru Umeda, where we went to the Pokemon Center and bought ourselves extremely cute Pokemon merchandises. The highlight of our stay in Osaka would have been our visit to Universal Studios. Unfortunately, it was so packed and I didn't win the ticket lottery to go into the Harry Potter section of the theme park. I was so sad! Nonetheless, I got to eat churros and cinnamon roll as well as had a wonderful stroll around the theme park.


After Osaka, we headed to Hokkaido and it was our first time there. Hokkaido was filled with bountiful of pure white snow that formed little mountains by the side of the street. I was deeply mesmerized since it was my first time seeing so much snow! We stayed in Toya for the first day in Hokkaido prefecture, the place was stunning with a beautiful lakeside view.


The next day, we stopped by Otaru before heading to Sapporo. On our way, we stumbled upon a little Japanese restaurant where they served really good seafood. We helped ourselves to devour generous servings of simple and freshly grilled fish, scallops and prawns. They were the absolute treat for such a freezing-cold day!


Tokyo was our last destination and surely it was indeed my favorite part of all. We went to the outskirts of Tokyo to see the top of Mount Fuji from Owakudani. One of the best things to do in this place was to actually savour the delicious Hokkaido soft-serve ice cream in the cold winter day. I had their bamboo charcoal ice cream that left me with black teeth and smeared lips! And of course, I just had to take a picture with Mount Fuji!



After visiting Mount Fuji, we made our way to Gotemba outlets; a paradise on earth for shopaholics like me! There were so many renowned outlets that sold their goods for such a ridiculously cheaper price!

We also visited Ginza the next day and I remember that it was on a Sunday so one of the main road in Ginza was closed for the car-free day. The wide road was filled with busy pedestrians instead! Being in Ginza, of course I had to stop by the BaoBao by Issey Miyake counter that I looked up in Google a few days before because I just had to grab a bag for myself hahaha (It's cheaper as compared to the one in Malaysia!) The good thing for a foreign traveller is that you would get to obtain a refund on their tax on the spot, you just have to show them your passport!


Mother also bought one of my biggest cravings when it comes to Japanese delicacies; Ichigo or the Japanese strawberries! They're super sweet and huge in size and of course, they cost you 200,000 rupiah per packet. The price truly did speak for the quality. Trust me though, it was so worth it!


Our last days in Tokyo were spent in Hilton Tokyo Bay Resort, one of the hotels that were just a bus ride away from Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. I might be nineteen years old in age but seriously, who doesn't love Disneyland?


It was not my first Disneyland experience, of course. However, it was my first time going to Disneyland at night. The castle view, as you can see, was stunning! Sofia was ecstatic about her first visit to the happiest place on earth. Despite the freezing winter night, we saw the beautiful Disney parade, had fun and went back there the next day because Sofia just couldn't get enough of it!


I went on a solitary visit to Disney Sea the next day too. This is the infamous Tower of Terror that me and my cousins went to around seven years ago. Time has surely passed by like a breeze. However, whoever it was that got us in this ride, really did commit a serious sin for putting kids under the age of twelve on such a scary ride hahaha.


This was the seaside view from my hotel room during a sunset. 
Ah, how I'd love to live by the sea!

My trip to Japan was really fun and I just can't wait to go back. 
Next time (inshaallah!), I'd love to go in Spring and see the blooming cherry blossom. Another place that I have to visit if I have the chance to visit Japan again is Kyoto. I heard that they offer kimono rentals service where you can dress up like a Geisha and with full Geisha-style make-up, too!
 I WANT TO GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment