Caught Up in Serai

I was in Paradigm mall the other day, on my way hunting the first book of the Game of Thrones series (which I failed to find in two bookstores). I was walking around, enjoying the window-shopping and buzzing crowd around me until I heard my stomach grumbling, calling for me to feed it with good food. I am not much of a rice eater since my mind has been much indoctrinated with the thoughts that eating rice would make me fat. However, last Saturday, my rice craving was just so overwhelming to the point that I just had to chow down a good portion of rice with delicious side dish. That was when I decided to eat in Serai, a local restaurant which my friends have highly recommended to me for its good food.

Serai's ambiance was a really nice one, my typical favorite restaurant environment where its bright, sunny and just full of life without getting too annoying. Too bad I didn't take a pic of the restaurant interior because I was too hungry. The hungry me couldn't decide what to eat and asked the waiter for his recommendation and he highly recommended the Serai Platter and said that it's everyone's favorite. So I entrusted him with my lunch choice and I personally chose the Serai ice tea as my beverage.

The Serai ice tea came first. It was so gorgeous and appetizing, I couldn't wait to gulp it down my thirsty throat. The ice tea came with something like a gelato or a sorbet with which I think is lemongrass flavoured and also shreds of mint leaves. After a few minutes, then came my Serai platter, it was so appetizing in the eyes of a hungry person like me.



So beautiful! My Serai Platter consisted of a generous serving of steamed white rice, ayam berempah, honey squid and spiced oxtail (WHICH IS MY FAVORITE, IT'S SO GOOD OMG)! I was so mesmerized by it, I even took an aerial pic of the dish. The oxtail is so rich and soft, it melted in my mouth cause I didn't event have to bite it much!


SO SO GOOD! This dish is priced at RM25 and for light eaters, you can definitely share this with another person. 

Although I doubt that it'd be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment