First Pavlova Experience

Food and I, we have that love-hate relationship that never seemed to cease.
Most of the time, I'd freak out just because of one packet of undersized Apollo swiss roll but when cravings take over, I will stop at nothing. Let me repeat that, nothing. Period.
So, after having a so-so wraps that tasted like rubber for lunch, my tummy still begged for something satisfiable.
 A pie. 
I have been crazy about pies lately and one of my favorite ones is Starbucks' shepherd's pie. Much to my dismay, they were out of stock but still, I had to get it somehow.
 Even if it means that I have to go to Sunway Pyramid and it'll cost me extra 20 bucks for transport. 
Just for a stupid, fattening pie.
So, I decided to have an early dinner at Delicious, one of my favorite restaurants and ordered their lamb shank pie. I remembered reading a good review of the dish by a food blogger.
I was shocked because the serving portion was gigantic. I'm pretty sure that the waitress gave me a questioning look as if she was trying to say "You sure you can finish 'em?"
The uppermost part is a super thick layer of mashed potatoes and underneath it was juicy, tender, delicious lamb and gravy.


What's a meal without a scrumptious dessert? Since I've been curious about Delicious' pavlova, I decided to order one. 
Berrilicious Chocolate Pavlova, as the name suggested, it's a chocolate flavoured pavlova with a  meringue-like texture topped with strawberries, shaved chocolate and fresh whipped cream at the center. It's crumbly, delicate and melts in your mouth. Purrr-fect! The pavlova isn't as sweet as I imagined it to be, which is good! 
On top of that,  it tasted the best when eaten together with the cream, shaved chocolate and fresh strawberries in one big bite. Dreamy! *drools*


That was, by far, the best dinner I've had for weeks. I highly recommend the pavlova!
The only part of my outing that I liked the least was the bill that nearly made me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment