Review: The Stars Shine Down

 I just finished reading another epic tale by the master storyteller, Sidney Sheldon. Indeed, he is my favorite author so far. Reading this book was an incredible journey through the life of an intelligent and drop-dead gorgeous self-made billionaire, Lara Cameron. The plot was just simply fantastic, it flowed really smoothly throughout the novel. It carried me back to Lara's past and before I knew it, it was gradually bringing me back to the present again. I have always loved Sheldon's writing style. When describing gruesome and disturbing scenes that'd give you goosebumps, Sheldon always successfully described it in the most callous, remorseless way. Just the way I like it.

And again, what I like the most about this book are the characters. For your information, I've always loved books that revolved around revenge, blackmailing and the extravagant lifestyle of billionaires that climbed their way to the top. The Stars Shine Down has clearly given me a good dose of those. Lara's quick and sharp mind really impressed me and the business-game, blackmailing and revenge described in the book were such a thrill, just like a roller-coaster ride!

However, I was expecting more of a plot twist in this book. Although it was quite shocking to learn that Keller, Lara's trusted right-hand, was actually sacrificing himself to 'protect' her, I don't know if it's just me but I did find the twists very much predictable. On top of that, there wasn't enough character development, I was hoping to see the workaholic and stern Lara to settle down and outgrow her coldhearted demeanor. In addition, I also think that the ending was a little rushed;
 I would love to get a sneak peek of Lara's and Phillip's future and find out what's going to happen to
Keller after his arrest, although it might be unpleasant since I admired his loyalty.

Nonetheless, Sidney Sheldon has given me another sensational reading experience. The Stars Shine Down was truly a page-turner, one of Sheldon's greatest piece of work that would leave you captivated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment