Cake Decorating Class at Bakingproject.com

One of my greatest pleasures and passions in life is to bake and decorate cakes. There is just something so therapeutic about it and I really do enjoy baking and decorating cakes very much. Many of my mom's friends often asked me why am I so diligent when it comes to baking and why don't I find it tiresome like many people do. Well folks, when you love to do something, you just don't mind doing anything for it even though one has to go through burns from accidentally touching an extremely hot oven. 

I stumbled upon Kak Yasmin's baking and decorating classes when I was searching for a short one-day baking related courses in KL areas. Her site, bakingproject.com, offers personal and group classes during the weekends, which is perfect for me as I literally have no time during the weekdays due to my internship. I considered going to Wilton for the course but man, the price really put me off hahaha. Maybe I'll try it one day :)

So, what I did for today's lesson was learning about buttercream-flower piping techniques for cupcakes. I made peonies, roses, dahlias, anemones, hydrangeas, daisies and tulips. It was challenging yet fun at the same time, I found that piping a tulip was the hardest one although it was supposed to be the simplest and I enjoyed piping roses the most! Here are some pictures from today's lesson. Can't wait to try it again back home with more variation of colours!





No comments:

Post a Comment