May Reading Supplies

Books make me happy. Isn't it amazing how such an inanimate object can give you so much pleasure? It's a happiness that I can't seem to find within people. The reason why I love books this much is perhaps due to the unconditional company that it gives me. Being an inanimate object that it is, books keep me company even during the most perilous moments of loneliness. Unlike the gadgets that we seem to become overly attached to these days, spending my minutes and hours indulging in a good read doesn't feel like a total waste of time. It enriches me in so many ways even though the passages that I read are completely fictitious!

Lately, I've been having a crush on Asian literature, particularly Japanese. The poignancy and simplicity of a Japanese piece of writing somehow enchants me in a way beyond my own comprehension. Haruki Murakami, my favorite author so far, is one of the authors that possess such miraculous talent to drown me in his magical story telling ability.



Due to this newly bloomed love affair that I started with Japanese literature, I purchased three new additions to my collection, in hope that each page of these books will nurture the love I have for its kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment