Macaroni Au Gratin

What an unproductive day! Well, not really. I went out with mom earlier today to buy some materials for my dress and to a tailor to get my measurements done. Yes, I'm tailoring a dress for my dearest friend, Ocha's birthday! Then my day became unproductive. 
Suddenly, my mom asked me to try cooking macaroni and cheese for buka puasa. For your information, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE macaroni and cheese. Kraft's dinner mac n cheese has been a bestie of mine since childhood! But now, it's time for me to cook a homemade one from scratch. Challenge accepted! 
The main ingredients for today: elbow macaroni, flour, cooking cream, grated cheddar cheese (the stronger the better!), butter, salt and pepper

This is how I did it: 
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan
2) Whisk in flour
3) Gradually add the milk and stir continuously until it thickens
4) Add grated cheese, salt and pepper
5) Add boiled elbow macaroni
6) Mix thoroughly

Then what I did next was to pour the creamy macaroni and cheese into a casserole dish! 
Add generous amount of mozzarella cheese between each layer and top it with more mozzarella cheese and cheddar. I like 'em really cheesy. Then, bake in a preheated oven just until the cheese on the top layer is all runny and gooey.

Ta-daa! My homemade macaroni au gratin/macaroni and cheese is ready to be served!
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment