Chocolate Cupcakes!

Mom said she's craving for some cupcakes and told me to bake some yesterday for buka puasa. Initially, she wanted peanut butter-chocolate cupcakes but we ran out of peanut butter! Therefore, I decided to change the frosting into chocolate frosting. To be honest, I have never tried to make chocolate frosted cupcakes so it was really like a gamble for me. On top of that, I was fasting yesterday so I couldn't taste the frosting's sweetness, consistency and adjust it to my liking!
My all-time favorite baking website is Joy Of Baking. They have dozens of simple dessert recipes worth trying!
So here's how I baked the chocolate cupcakes yesterday:

The basic cake ingredients: butter/margarine, white sugar, eggs and flour (sifted with salt and baking powder). If you mix these ingredients together, you'll be able to make a basic butter cake!

Another key ingredient for a chocolate cake is of course cocoa powder. Normally, I'd use the pure 100% cocoa powder
When you have all of the ingredients ready, you can start mixing them all together. But remember to preheat the oven first and there's an order/sequence that must be followed when mixing these ingredients:

1st. Butter and sugar together
2nd. Eggs 
3rd. Flour and liquid 
(in this case it's the dissolved cocoa powder) in turn, ending with the flour

After the batter has been mixed thoroughly, pour them into paper lined muffin tins and bake them in the pre-heated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. When you're cake is ready, cool them down before frosting them! If your cake is still hot, the frosting will melt into butter!

And for the frosting, I followed Joy of Baking's recipe, which is basically just a mixture of butter, icing sugar and molten chocolate.

Chop the chocolate compound into small pieces and melt them. Be extra careful if you're melting them in a microwave instead of a saucepan because your chocolate might get a disturbing burnt taste! Furthermore, make sure that you're using a heat-proof bowl!


Grate some chocolate using a cheese grater above your frosted cake as a finishing touch and for an extra chocolatey goodness!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment