Wizarding World of Harry Potter

(Still about Japan)

I was so desperate to get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWOHP) the last time I went to Universal Studios Japan (USJ) since I had not been able to get during the previous times that I went there. As I forgot to ask my agent to purchase the Express Pass that contained a pass to enter the WWOHP, I was so anxious that I would not be able to get a timed entry coupon that would allow me to enter the WWOHP section of the theme park. 

The moment we arrived in USJ, I rushed to the entrance gate and made my way to get my share of the timed entry tickets in the park. I studied the map of the park so many times beforehand so that I wouldn't get lost! (yes, I was that desperate!)

After the embarrassing run that I made to the ticketing booth, I finally managed to get hold of of a timed entry ticket. Even then, I had to wait for 4-5 long hours before I could enter the WWOHP.


I was so happy the moment that I got inside. The sight of the Hogwarts Express welcoming all of the WWOHP newcomers was just so exciting! Everything just seemed so dreamy. 


Of course the first thing that I did was to treat myself a serving of Butterbeer, a spicy and non-alcoholic Harry Potter-style drink that came in both cold and warm versions. Due to the chilly weather, I opted for the warm Butterbeer, served in a cute little cup that I took home as a souvenir (had to pay for it of course). 


What I did next was pretty much just wandering through the alleyways and peeking into the windows of Ollivander's and other cute souvenir shops, marvelling at the realistic view of the site itself. Too bad that the queues for the rides were sooooo long. 



A little tip from me is to plan your trip from a couple of months before and get the Express Pass that covers WWOHP entrance and rides to avoid the disappointment from not being able to enter the magical site. Make sure to get the Express Pass a few weeks or even a month before especially during peak seasons ( I went in Spring so it was really crowded!) 


I really can't wait for my next visit to WWOHP!

No comments:

Post a Comment