A Day In Redang

I have never been too fond of South East Asia's scorching hot sun. However, this time I made an exception and went all out, basking under the gigantic and luminously glowing helium-filled balloon during my stay in Redang Island, off the coast of Kuala Terengganu.

I have to say that the beach view didn't disappoint me at all! The color of the sea was a beautiful gradation of blue, the sky was clear and the sand was a dazzling white! I couldn't help myself from taking way too many pictures of the beach



I went on a snorkelling adventure for the very first time as well! Initially, the thought of plunging into the open sea wearing only a life vest and a snorkel gear seemed really scary. I couldn't help but to think that a shark might just come any second to devour every snorkelers out there! Thankfully it didn't happen hahaha

Instantly, I fell in love with the pretty view underneath the water, where anemones and clams nestled on the gorgeous coral reefs.  And guess what? I FOUND NEMO! XD
Despite the salty seawater that irritated my nose and throat every now and then and how my eyes looked droopy and sad with the snorkelling goggles, snorkelling was so much fun! 
And please do excuse my lame pose in the otherwise awesome underwater photograph of mine, the lifeguard/photographer had to push my body so hard so that they would manage to take a quick shot of me underwater with the life vest on. I'm not much of a poser myself so this was the only pose I could think of at that moment hahaha


We also released newly hatched sea turtles into the sea. The activity cost us RM20 for each sea turtle and the fund will be channeled into the turtle conservation program! The baby turtles were soooo cute! It was so amazing to see them crawling instinctively into the sea and got drawn in by the sea waves into the ocean, where they truly belong!

I really did enjoy my trip to Redang and I can't wait to go on another trip to the beach and hopefully next time, I will get to learn how to dive so that I'll be able to see more beautiful views in the deep azure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment